Saturday November 18, 1:00pm
Magnolia Center (Southern Mississippi Fair Grounds)
The Second Annual Sale of the PCRBA will be held at the Magnolia Center, Laurel,
MS starting at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday November 18, 2006.
1. Cattle and sheep may be delivered to the sale beginning at 4:00 p.m. Friday November 17. All
stock must be
in the barn by 10:00 a.m. Saturday. Stock may be viewed from 10:30 a.m. until
2. A $25.00 per head for cattle and a $10.00
per head consignment fee for sheep will be required in order to sell your
cattle and sheep. This fee is due no later than 31 October. All entries past
this date will be rejected. The consignment fee will be refunded at the time of
sale unless you do not bring your consigned livestock. It will not be refunded
if you do not bring your stock; no exceptions. The purpose of the fee is to
help fund and cover the expense of the sale.
3. All cattle and sheep are subject to
inspection by the PCRBA Board of Directors and are subject to being rejected
due to health and outside genetics.
4. Commission is 5%. PO fee is $10.00 for
cattle and $5.00 for sheep. All proceeds are used to promote Woods cattle and
5. No cattle over the age of five will be
6. We encourage all breeders to have their
cattle and sheep inspected prior to the sale by a veterinarian and to provide
those papers at the time of sale. The State of Mississippi requires that all
cattle be tested for brucellosis (bangs). We will have vet on hand to provide
7. We encourage all breeders to bring the
very best as these are the ambassadors for the breed and will serve to promote
our breeds of stock.
8. For every breeding bull you consign you
must consign two (2) females. No
exceptions. These may be grown cows, heifers, or bred heifers.
9. The order of the sale shall be as follows:
Bred or breeding age heifers
Grown sheep (all sheep of shearing age must be shorn)
All cattle will be sold
in order of
consignment. If there are any recreational cattle (roping and bulldogging
steers) these will be sold after a brief intermission.
10. All buyers are asked to provide a letter of
credit from their respective banks.
more information contact Justin B. Pitts at 601-543-5173.
There will be an Important Meeting of Directors & Officers after the auction
to discuss PCRBA business.
The Magnolia Center is about 1 mile East of I-59 Exit 93 on Route 11.